Remember when I compared this semester to a marathon? I don’t think I was too far off. We have been on the go since the semester started, and it’s great (well, most of it anyway)! Here’s a little of what’s been keeping us busy and what’s coming up…
- Teaching 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School at our church–we love those kids!
- I spent a couple of weeks battling a nasty sinus infection thanks to autumnal ragweed. I was out of work for a week, but am much better now.
- Blake’s been attending a domestic violence support group weekly, as part of his mentoring class. I really hope he’ll write a blog about it sometime (hint hint).
- We’re fostering a stray dog that Snickers and I found. It’s been a challenge, but we’re happy to do it. Barley is getting over two different types of worms and some ear issues. We hope to have a home for him by Christmas.
- Booked tickets to Chile for a two-week trip in January!!
- We helped serve dinner to the special education group at church once and will do it again next week.
- A Taste of Chile!
- We spoke in our church this past Sunday about our call to missions and how it intersects with God’s story in Chile.
- Last night, we spoke at Trinity Baptist Church in Conyers. It was a smaller group, but that was good for our first non-home church speaking.
- This weekend we’re headed to Charlotte for a memorial service, then to the Asheville-area to visit family and go to Mars Hill College’s Homecoming.
- We’re speaking to a group of children at Boulevard Baptist Church in Anderson, SC on Oct. 13th.
- We’re in the process of scheduling two more speaking engagements for the fall/winter, one in SC and one in NC.
In addition to all of that, we’re working, Blake’s taking classes and we’re trying to keep up with friends. Suffice to say that we’ve been busy, but it’s a good kind of busy. If your church would like to have us come speak about Chile and the work we’ll be doing with the Aymara people, we’d love to! Just send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We can speak to adults or children. : )
In case you’re wondering about our Saturdays, so far we’ve been hiking at Stone Mountain and we’ve spent a wonderful day at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. Blake took a lot of good pictures, and I’ve used them to make our thank you notes. We’ve been unable to draw something every Saturday because of other things that come up, but we fully intend to do something fun next Saturday!